Pearson BTEC Higher National Program in Business
The Pearson BTEC Higher National qualification in Business offered by JIMS-JCC is a program to develop students as independent-thinking professionals who can meet the demands of business employers and adapt to a constantly changing world. The program aims to widen access to higher education and improve the career prospects of those who take them.
Students will gain a wide range of business knowledge tied to practical skills gained through research, independent study, directed study and workplace scenarios. Students are involved in vocational activities that help them to develop vocational behaviors (the attitudes and approaches required for a competence) and transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, research and analysis, which are highly valued in higher education and the workplace.
Specialized Pathways Offered:
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Procurement and Supply Management
Course Objectives and Highlights:
- To give students the business skills, knowledge and understanding they need to achieve high performance in the international business environment
- To develop students with enquiring minds, who have the abilities and confidence to work across different business functions and to lead, manage, respond to change, and tackle a range of complex business situations
- To provide the core skills required for a range of careers in business, including management, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic ambitions
- To develop students’ understanding of the major impact that new digital technologies have on the business environment
- To provide insight into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a global marketplace
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organizations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values, and to allow flexible study to meet local and specialist needs.
The program allows enrolled candidates to complete first two years of the course at JIMS and remaining one/two year(s) at a premier International University.
Pearson Education is a British –owned education publishing and assessment services to schools and corporations, as well as for students. It owns educational media brands including Addison-Wesley, Peachpit, Prentice Hall, eCollege, Longman, Scott Foresman and others.
BTEC- what are they?
BTEC stands for Business and Technology Education Council which is used to run the award, first introduced in 1984. BTECs are awarded by EdExcel and are taken in more than 100 countries at all levels from pre GCSE to Degree equivalent.
BTECs are designed as specialist work related qualifications and are available in a range of sectors, such as business, engineering and ICT. A number of BTECs are recognized as Technical Certificates and form part of Apprenticeship Framework.
The BTEC higher national qualifications courses are designed to meet increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Level 4 and Level 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment and progression to a degree at Level 6.
List of Universities:
The Students will have an opportunity to study for the remaining one/two year(s) in any of the following countries/universities.
- Middlesex University
- University of Bath
- University of Brigton
- University of Essex
- University of Leeds
- University of Manchester
- University of Surrey
- University of Westminster
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- La Trobe University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- Brock University
- Queens University
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Aukland
- University of Canterbury
- University o Otago
- Victoria University of Wellington
- George Masaon University
- New York University
- Oregon State University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- University of Arizona
- University of California- San Diego
- University of Colorado- Boulder
- University of Florida
- University of Oregon
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Texas at Austin
And many more…