The Pearson BTEC Higher National qualification in Computing offered by JIMS-JCC aims at developing students as professionals and nurturing them to meet the demands of the present computing sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
1. Updated Course Curriculum with technologies like Internet of Things, Python Programming, Advance Database Technologies, Latest Web Language and Much More
2. Practical Approach to Teaching
3. Annual IT seminar- SONIC provides a face to face platform to interact students with Industry experts, held in previous years on Latest technologies like Machine learning, Big Data, Android, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing,Virualization , Web Technologies etc.
4. Workshops For Hands on Industrial Practical Experience - Previously held on Machine learning Using Python Programming, DIgital Marketing, Java Technologies etc.
5. Industrial Visits to Software Companies to understand the additional tools and IDE's for development used in the industry and to Network Companies to understand working of Routers, Cisco IOS and server management.
6.Focus on Overall Personality Development along with Technical Skills to enhance professional skills, employability, quality of life, self-discipline, talent and potential
7. Guest Lectures by Industry Experts
8. Industrial Projects Training using platforms like J2EE, .Net , Python , PHP supported by other web languages.
9. Focus on Improving Communication Skills through various activities
Specialized Pathways offered
- Computer Programming
- Database Management
- Mobile Development
- Networking /Network Security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
Course Objectives & Highlights
Course Objective & Highlights
- The objective of the course is to develop skilled manpower in the various areas of information technology like Software Development, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence; Web based applications, Database Management System & Data Ware Housing and Mining, Data communication and Computer Networks.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means ofpre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
- To skill various levels of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- To be a foundation graduate programmewhich will act as a feeder course for higher studies in the area of Computer Science/Applications.
- To develop skills in software development so as to enable the BCA graduates to take up self-employment in Indian & global software market.
- To Train & Equip the students to meet the requirement of the Industrial standards.
The program allows enrolled candidates to complete first two years of the course at JIMS and remaining one year at a premier International University.
Pearson Education is a British –owned education publishing and assessment services to schools and corporations, as well as for students. It owns educational media brands including Addison-Wesley, Peachpit, Prentice Hall, eCollege, Longman, Scott Foresman and others.
BTEC- what are they?
BTEC stands for Business and Technology Education Council which is used to run the award, first introduced in 1984. BTECs are awarded by EdExcel and are taken in more than 100 countries at all levels from pre GCSE to Degree equivalent.
BTECs are designed as specialist work related qualifications and are available in a range of sectors, such as business, engineering and ICT. A number of BTECs are recognized as Technical Certificates and form part of Apprenticeship Framework.
The BTEC higher national qualifications courses are designed to meet increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Level 4 and Level 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment and progression to a degree at Level 6.
List of Universities:
The Students will have an opportunity to study for the remaining one year in any of the following countries/universities.
- Middlesex University
- University of Bath
- University of Brigton
- University of Essex
- University of Leeds
- University of Manchester
- University of Surrey
- University of Westminster
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- La Trobe University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- Brock University
- Queens University
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Aukland
- University of Canterbury
- University o Otago
- Victoria University of Wellington
- George Masaon University
- New York University
- Oregon State University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- University of Arizona
- University of California- San Diego
- University of Colorado- Boulder
- University of Florida
- University of Oregon
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Texas at Austin
And many more…