The Pearson BTEC Higher National qualification in Journalism & Creative Media offered by JIMS-JCC IS a study of medium to reach all section of society from elite to grass root levels living in the remotest corners globally and nationally. The course covers five major medium-Print, broadcast audio visual, public relations, advertising in its major coverage within this areas of study, there are other numerous methods of communicating with masses through the language and gesture they understand.
In the changing scenario of growth and worldwide development, media has acquired a vital role. Quest for information, knowledge at all levels of society has given rise to different types of methods to reach masses. The media industry is growing at a very fast pace providing new challenges. Professional studies in media field are opening new opportunities in careers for young aspirants.
The entire process is designed to develop a team of young media personnel who can fill in the future prospective of manpower requirement in national and international media scenario.
- It’s a collaborative learning process which includes students, employers, higher education providers, colleges and subject experts
- The curriculum is designed to meet needs and expectations of the Media & Entertainment Industry.
- The course focuses on employer engagement and work readiness.
Specialized Pathways offered
- Sound Media
- Web & App Development
- Motion Graphics
- Visual Effects
- Game Development
Course Objectives & Highlights
- Well-structured lectures with practical approach and latest technological tools.
- Focus on communication skills, creativity and concepts.
- Emphasis on operational knowledge of Camera, TV, Broadcasting and Production equipment.
- Focus on production of Documentaries, short films, production of Radio Programs, coverage of events, etc
- Academic and practical work in Advertising and Public Relations with special emphasis on exhibitions and events.
- Operational knowledge of Social Media, Cyber Journalism and E- Journalism.
- Participation in audience based programs on current events, political developments, stock markets, women issues, price rise, international development on various prestigious news channels like Doordarshan, NDTV, AajTak, India TV, IBN-7, etc.
- Workshops focusing on enhancing communication skills, report writing, press coverage, presentation, project works and production techniques.
- We have our own Community Radio 96.9 MHz operating for 10 hours per day with programs designed and produced by our students in cooperation and interest of community.
- Frequent visits to Press, PR and Advertising Agencies Parliament House, Radio Station and T.V channels.
- Practical hands on training in the fields of:
- Still camera handling
- Film Production
- Editing – Audio and Video
- Newspaper Production
- Radio Broadcasting
- Cyber Journalism
- PR & Advertising
- Event Planning
- News Reporting & Editing
The program allows enrolled candidates to complete first two years of the course at JIMS-JCC and remaining one year at a premier International University.
Pearson Education is a British –owned education publishing and assessment services to schools and corporations, as well as for students. It owns educational media brands including Addison-Wesley, Peachpit, Prentice Hall, eCollege, Longman, Scott Foresman and others.
BTEC- what are they?
BTEC stands for Business and Technology Education Council which is used to run the award, first introduced in 1984. BTECs are awarded by EdExcel and are taken in more than 100 countries at all levels from pre GCSE to Degree equivalent.
BTECs are designed as specialist work related qualifications and are available in a range of sectors, such as business, engineering and ICT. A number of BTECs are recognized as Technical Certificates and form part of Apprenticeship Framework.
The BTEC higher national qualifications courses are designed to meet increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Level 4 and Level 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment and progression to a degree at Level 6.
List of Universities:
The Students will have an opportunity to study for the remaining one year in any of the following countries/universities.
- Middlesex University
- University of Bath
- University of Brigton
- University of Essex
- University of Leeds
- University of Manchester
- University of Surrey
- University of Westminster
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- La Trobe University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- Brock University
- Queens University
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Aukland
- University of Canterbury
- University o Otago
- Victoria University of Wellington
- George Masaon University
- New York University
- Oregon State University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- University of Arizona
- University of California- San Diego
- University of Colorado- Boulder
- University of Florida
- University of Oregon
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Texas at Austin
And many more…