The Pearson BTEC Higher National qualification in Hospitality Management offered by JIMS-JCC is a stimulating and challenging program that will be both engaging and informative for students.
- It provides essential subject knowledge which helps the students to progress successfully for higher studies or for working in the industry.
- The students can undertake a substantial learning of core subjects in the Higher National Certificate and move to the Higher National Diploma, with optional units linked to their specialist area of study.
- To meet the requirements of each students according to their area of interest and progression in the future, the course provide 5 specialist pathways in level 5 Diploma.
- It provides knowledge that is closely aligned with Professional Body, Employer and Higher Education.
Specialized Pathways offered
- Accommodation and Revenue Management
- Innovative Marketing and Sales
Course Objectives & Highlights
The hospitality industry today is a fine blend of Art & Science; Technology & Tradition generating enormous opportunities for well qualified individuals armed with credentials from an elite University like, JIMS these graduates will be in great demand to assume exciting and rewarding positions in this industry anywhere in the World. Society has evolved from eating to relishing food, the “Cook” has become a “Chef” and a “Waiter” has become a “Steward”, this forecasts a bright future for all those who choose to make a career in this field has made the Hotel Management Programme is the most sought after course in all professional streams today.
Its a multi-dimensional approach to its curriculum with the right blend of theory practical and Industrial exposure. Regular guest lectures and workshops by senior professionals add value to the curriculum. The main aim of this course is to develop young, motivated graduate with hospitality skills, rooted in values, so that they become professionally competent world class hoteliers.
The program comprises of well-structured lectures with a practical approach and a number extra-curricular and co-curricular activities to support the curriculum. The main highlights of this programme are:
- Practical on Food Production with an extensive knowledge of regional and international cuisines.
- Practical on Bakery and Patisserie.
- Front Office Practical
- Workshops on Power Dressing
- Role Plays and Telephone Etiquettes
- Sessions on Interpersonal Skills
- Food and Beverage Service Practicals
- Housekeeping Practical
- Hands-on industry experience
- Visits to 5-Star Hotels, Resorts, Travel Agencies and other Service Sectors for industry exposure
- PDP and Soft Skill Sessions.
- Presentations on Academic and Industry oriented subjects.
- Guest Lectures by Senior Industry Professionals.
- Workshops on Fruits and Vegetables Carving, Meethai Making etc.
- Workshops on Chocolate Making and Sugar Craft.
- Sessions on Complaint Handling.
- Seminars focusing on the current trends in Hospitality and Tourism Industry
The program allows enrolled candidates to complete first two years of the course at JIMS and remaining one year at a premier International University.
Pearson Education is a British –owned education publishing and assessment services to schools and corporations, as well as for students. It owns educational media brands including Addison-Wesley, Peachpit, Prentice Hall, eCollege, Longman, Scott Foresman and others.
BTEC- what are they?
BTEC stands for Business and Technology Education Council which is used to run the award, first introduced in 1984. BTECs are awarded by EdExcel and are taken in more than 100 countries at all levels from pre GCSE to Degree equivalent.
BTECs are designed as specialist work related qualifications and are available in a range of sectors, such as business, engineering and ICT. A number of BTECs are recognized as Technical Certificates and form part of Apprenticeship Framework.
The BTEC higher national qualifications courses are designed to meet increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Level 4 and Level 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment and progression to a degree at Level 6.
List of Universities:
The Students will have an opportunity to study for the remaining one year in any of the following countries/universities.
- Middlesex University
- University of Bath
- University of Brigton
- University of Essex
- University of Leeds
- University of Manchester
- University of Surrey
- University of Westminster
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- La Trobe University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- Brock University
- Queens University
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Aukland
- University of Canterbury
- University o Otago
- Victoria University of Wellington
- George Masaon University
- New York University
- Oregon State University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- University of Arizona
- University of California- San Diego
- University of Colorado- Boulder
- University of Florida
- University of Oregon
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Texas at Austin
And many more…