JIMS Fashion Design is among the most sort-after fashion design schools in India. The institute offers well-tailored fashion design courses for students, who aspire to carve a niche in fashion business. Our fashion design programme train students to use colors, fabrics and ornamentation to craft different fashion items. Students can analyze recent fashion trends and learn about basic business and merchandising principles. The hands-on practice allows students to apply skills in interpreting and developing projects in the different areas of fashion, and add more value to their creativity.
Fashion designing courses focus on building ground work in terms of conceptualization, research, design sense and individual artistic expression. We are career focused and bring the industry into the classroom every day, offering real world opportunities for experience and employment.
• Institutional member of Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI).
• Curriculum constructed by Design experts as per industry standards.
• Association with Ministry of Textiles (Weavers service centre).
• Focus on Illustration and rendering fundamentals rather than mere stitching.
• Training on Fashion Software Tuka CAD, Corel and Photoshop & Illustrator.
• Exposure to Foreign language & PDP Sessions.
• Interaction with leading Designers and Experts to enhance creativity.
• Special inputs & Guest lecture on Portfolio Development & Presentation Techniques.
• Visit to Exhibition, Trade fairs, Museums & Craft Guilds.
• Compulsory Professional Training for two months.
• TECHNO SAVY Garment Construction, Pattern Making lab, Design Studio, Multimedia, Draping lab & Visual Window Display.
• Special module on Quality Control, Production Management, Visual & Apparel Merchandising.
• Annual Educational trip to Knits Industry (Ludhiana) and Carpet, Dying & Printing units (Jaipur).
• Annual Fashion Show ‘Styles & Trends’ displaying the talent of young budding designers.