To cultivate values in students and enhance their personality, the knowledge storehouse
has an array of books on social issues and historical readings. Media Library is
maintained specifically to complement the media programmes, so the focus is on to
select those books which impart theoretical as well as practical know-how on subjects
like Television, Radio, Print and Digital Communication. The reading rooms provide
a conducive environment for better concentration. The students can avail the benefit
of bar-coding issue system in the library.
The library owns a wide collection of 7151 books on various subjects of course curriculum,
a varied range of 8 newspapers, 53 periodicals, 5 magazines on Information Technology
and 17 journals.
LIBRARY FACILITIES AND RULES
- All the students must carry their Identity card when they come to the library.
- Students can obtain 2 books at a time ( one book per reader ticket).
- Books will be issued for 7 days only at a time.
- Keep your library tickets safely. Do not lend your library tickets to anybody else.
Students will be personally liable for loss of their library tickets.
- All books are to be returned on due dates. A fine of Rs.5/- will be charged for
every day of delay.
- Periodicals and Reference books will not be issued and may be consulted only in
- Books lost, defaced or damaged in anyway shall have to be replaced or its price
shall be paid by the borrower.
- Books issued should never be marked, torn or tampered - they still have to be read
by many people.
- Do not disturb the arrangement of books. Once a book has been removed from shelves,it
should be left on nearby tables. The library staff will put the book at its proper
place. Please remember that a misplaced book in the library is as good as lost.
- If you find a book torn or certain pages missing - please bring it to the notice
of the library staff immediately before you get the book issued in your own name.
- Make a queue while returning or getting the books issued.
- Observe absolute silence in the library.
- Eatables are not allowed in the library. Do not eat in the library.
- Do not take any book(s) or journal(s) out of the library without getting them issued.
- If you lose your library card or a book - report it at once to the librarian, giving
all details, so that she may do the needful.